Dr Brian van Onselen practices general ophthalmology with an interest in refractive surgery, oculoplastic surgery and orbital surgery.
He is a founding member of the South African Oculoplastic Society and has presented various papers on orbital pathology and thyroid eye disease decompression.
MBChb (Pret) LMCC 1 (Canada) FCS (SA) OPTH
A Short History
- Matriculated from Pretoria Boys High in 1984
- Medical degree at Pretoria University
- Worked as a general practitioner in Canada for two years and in Pretoria for three years.
- Director of OMG (ophthalmic management group) 2009-2013
- Current president of the South African Oculoplastic Society
- Editorial board member of MIMS medical magazine
- Other interests include golf and tennis